The most comprehensive, efficient Schroth program in the US:
Our one-to-one Schroth Method program for scoliosis includes:
- A comprehensive scoliosis education and an anatomy lesson as is pertains to YOUR spine, or your child’s spine
- Curve pattern specific activities of daily living (ADL’s) for individual spine
- Extensive photos labeled for your understanding and comparison
- A custom DVD of entire scoliosis program from mobilizations, ADL’s for each curve pattern, Physiologic®, 3-D Made Easy®, Schroth exercises
- Custom scoliosis exercise checklist based on the patient’s particular curvature
- Detailed and comprehensive instructions for Schroth Method exercises
- Mobilizations taught to family members to help at home
- Scoliosis workbook
- Cheneau Gensingen brace or referrals to top U.S. orthotists
- Skype or FaceTime follow-ups
- Access – we are here for you, now and in the future
Physiologic® & 3-D Made Easy® by Dr. Hans-Rudolf Weiss – an essential part of a Schroth program for optimal outcomes.
Only two North American Schroth practitioners are trained in these effective enhancements to the Schroth method. They are just one reason our program is the most comprehensive and thorough in the USA . These innovative techniques are not just a supplement to traditional Schroth Method exercises, but absolutely necessary load altering protocols that make a big difference in patient outcomes in the short and long term.
The Schroth Method and Bracing:
Dr. Moramarco is familiar with each type of scoliosis brace. Patients come from all over with different braces, some good, others not so much.
The Schroth Method and the SpineCor® Brace are not compatible. Dr. Moramarco, is not an advocate of soft braces for scoliosis. The principles behind the SpineCor® Brace and Schroth exercises are not compatible, although there are those marketing SpineCor who would have you believe otherwise. Don’t take our word for it. Follow this link to the SpineCor website: http://www.spinecorporation.com/English/index.htm. Go to: Patient Information/FAQ’s/”Why other physiotherapy methods like Schroth are not recommended in combination with the SpineCor® brace?” Is your practitioner offering two competing methods of managing scoliosis? What does that tell you? Schroth is about elongation and opening voids. SpineCor® uses compressive forces.
Bracing should be in accordance with the individual patient circumstances and any scoliosis brace should offer maximum in-brace correction.
It is for this very reason that we introduced the Cheneau Gensingen scoliosis brace of Germany in the U.S. This newest Cheneau brace consistently offers a high degree of in-brace correction for better long-term outcomes plus other numerous other benefits.
Scoliosis is not a one-size-fits all condition. Each patient must be treated individually according to curve-pattern. At Scoliosis 3DC that is what we do. If you have a Boston brace, or another scoliosis brace offering adequate in-brace corrections, that’s great. We won’t recommend a change and we’ll help you learn Schroth for the best outcome possible.
Learning the Schroth Method Boston:
Coming to Boston to learning the German method of scoliosis exercise is not something that can be accomplished in a few hours, or in a group setting over the course of a weekend. For patients with moderate or severe scoliosis, our program consists of a comprehensive examination and 20 hours of one-to-one instruction. A proper Schroth program, for yourself or your child, requires time, energy and resources. We respect that commitment and believe you deserve the best, most knowledgeable and personally committed instructors.
Dr. Marc Moramarco – the best choice for Schroth Method exercise instruction. He:
- is incredibly knowledgeable about scoliosis exercise and has twenty-seven years experience treating the spine
- has scoliosis, is the parent of two grown children with scoliosis – he understands what it’s like to be the parent of an adolescent diagnosed with scoliosis
- is a DC, trained in radiology, and exercise rehabilitation
- is a tireless advocate for conservative care
- is passionate about the Schroth Method because it enabled him to help his own daughter halt/reverse curve progression and avoid scoliosis surgery
- is dedicated to helping you, or your child, manage scoliosis, prevent curve progression through spinal stabilization, reduce pain and improve quality of life
- is experienced – he has been using the Schroth method since 2002, and was the first US practitioner certified at the Askelpios Katharina Schroth Clinic in Germany
- is in regular contact with the Schroth family and currently collaborating on several projects
- travels to Germany annually to stay current
- considers Dr. Hans-Rudolf Weiss a mentor, and has studied with Axel Hennes-senior physiotherapist at the Asklepios Katharina Schroth Clinic and Dr. Manuel Rigo, Barcelona, Spain
- has designed a comprehensive program with the most up-to-date innovations in exercise and bracing for scoliosis in the U.S.
- will provide the skills needed to halt progression or manage scoliosis over the course of a lifetime, all in an outpatient setting
- includes Scoliologic™ Best Practice instruction for the most complete program available
- creates a customized plan for each unique curve
- has a proven track record of helping adolescents and adults
- is committed to helping each patient achieve mastery, but keeps it light-hearted and fun at the same time
- offers an intensive scoliosis outpatient program over six days
- creates a customized DVD that you’ll find to be an invaluable reference of your complete program
Call now: 781-938-8558